Both of us have forgotten a few days here and there, but it's been fun sending our photos to each other throughout each day.
Day 1 (Day 90) - Dinner
My coworker sent me a picture of her very fancy-looking dinner, so I sent her a picture of mine. It is very not fancy. It's just a can of chicken noodle soup cooked with extra pasta. Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing I make if I cook for myself lately. Which I hardly ever do anymore, cause food like this isn't really good. It's easier just to meet friends for dinner or get takeout from one of the restaurants on the ground floor of my building.Day 2 (Day 91) - Seoul Lantern Festival
I actually don't know much about the Seoul Lantern Festival... I guess it's a yearly tradition, where artists make elaborate paper lanterns, which are displayed on the Cheonggyecheon Stream. I went with some friends, and it was pretty, but very crowded.Day 3 (Day 92) - Hiking
The same coworker I'm doing this photo challenge with invited me to go hiking with her last Sunday. Since I'd heard so much about how Koreans love to go hiking all the time, and since there are so many mountains in and around Seoul, I had expected that I'd be hiking a lot. But this was actually the first hike I went on here.Day 5 (Day 94) - Weekly tradition
Lately, two of my good friends and I have developed a habit of meeting up every Tuesday after work and heading to our favorite restaurant, an all-you-can-eat Korean barbecue buffet in Sinchon. The first time we went there, we had absolutely no idea how anything worked, and it was an incredibly confusing ordeal. But by now, we've got it all worked out, so we each know what foods to grab so we get the right amount of everything and which sauces and sides we all like best. And of course, how to actually grill and wrap the meat. If anyone comes to visit me in Seoul, this is definitely a place we're going to go.After we eat, we head down the road to a Starbucks and study Korean together for a while. I'm taking a class two days a week, so I usually work on homework for that. But my friends are both just studying on their own. I envy their dedication. If I didn't have the class to keep me focused, there is no way I'd ever learn anything.
Day 9 (Day 98) - MBLAQ
On Saturday, I went to an MBLAQ concert! MBLAQ was one of the first Kpop groups I started listening to, and their music kept me focused during many, many long hours at my newspaper job last year. Also, the members are all hilariously endearing. So when a friend of a friend was asking around on Friday night if anybody could take her ticket she couldn't use for the concert the next day, I jumped at the chance. I ended up meeting up with a few friends I hadn't seen much since orientation to go to the concert, so it was fun to catch up with them, too.Day 12 (Day 101) - Cold!
It was starting to feel like winter when I got to the English classroom this morning, and all the windows looked like this. There were only a few actual frost crystals in the window fog, but it still looked really pretty. It's been hovering around freezing here lately, and we've had a few snow flurries, but it's not too cold yet... except inside. The windows of the school are constantly open (to keep air fresh and recycled, they say), and the hallways and bathrooms aren't heated at all. My classroom isn't too bad, since we always keep the windows shut and the heat on, but it's miserable leading kids back to their classrooms between classes. And worst of all is sitting in the teachers' office for the entire afternoon. I wear so many layers, but I still have to wear my coat and sometimes gloves while I work at my computer. Everybody does. I really don't understand. Fresh air isn't that important, is it?I'll do my best to keep posting photos for the rest of the 30 days!







No comments:
Post a Comment